**Room Parent Registration is Now CLOSED**
Room Parent Responsibilities - PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION BELOW:
- Membership in the PTA: All Room Parents must be a PAID General Member of the Harrison Township PTA. Join Online Now.
- PTA Meetings: All Room Parents must attend General PTA Meetings especially the October 7, 2019 (review of Room Parent guidelines) and February 3, 2020 (review of end-of-year events and Teacher Appreciation Gifts).
- Classroom Parties: Coordinate classroom parties, including organization of food and drink donations and items for a craft project (if applicable). Room Parents are not required to attend every classroom party other parents from the class can be recruited and attend, if needed and approved by the Teacher.
- Field Trips: Room parents are often asked to accompany the classroom on Field Trips and may be asked to recruit other classroom parents, if needed.
- Teacher Appreciation: Coordinate a Teacher Appreciation gift for your classroom teacher(s) and aide(s), Teacher Appreciation Day (April/May 2019). This gift should be something "handmade" by the students and can be anything from a class picture with student messages or a scrapbook of mementos from throughout the year.
- Track and Field Days/Class Picnics: Room parents are usually expected to accompany their class during Track and Field Day. The Physical Education Teachers will also ask the Room Parents to help solicit adult volunteers from the classroom to run the various activities. Class picnics are held on the same day as Track and Field Day. The PTA provides pizza and a beverage but Room Parents may solicit additional healthy snacks and dessert from their classroom volunteers.
- 5th Grade Room Parents: Please note there are additional responsibilities for 5th Grade Room Parents
- Responsible for recruiting two (2) volunteers and baked goods for your classroom for the 6th Grade Recognition Night.
- Other responsibilities TBD
If there is ever a need to collect Monetary Donations:
All requests for monetary donations from District Parents must first be approved by the School Principal. The easiest and quickest way to get a response is to send an email with the Donation Letter attached.
Room Parent Documents: