Joining the PTA benefits your child; as well as, helps us to promote a sense of community and fellowship within our schools. We encourage all adult members of each family to join the Harrison Township PTA. Although we encourage and welcome parent volunteers at ALL of our events becoming a Member of the PTA does not commit more than your $12 donation.
Please remember there is no deadline to join, but we’re running a membership contest with the classes so if you join before October 18, 2019. The class with the most members, per grade, will receive a pretzel party.
Need more reasons why you should join the Harrison Township PTA?
- Get Connected. There is no better way to know what’s happening in your school. The PTA offers a variety of programs and events designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions provide opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport and discuss parenting issues that are on your mind.
- Watch yourself Grow. By volunteering with the PTA, you gain valuable experiences and personal confidence. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause.
- Speak Up. Because PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions and more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Help Your Child Succeed. PTA fosters parent involvement. Parent involvement has been proven by three decades of research to be the greatest predictor of student success.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping to make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, social events – all vital to a school’s success.
Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
The membership dues paid by each individual are deposited into the PTA Budget and used to fund many amazing programs and events for the HTS and PVS staff, students and families.
Your donation contributes to educational assemblies for all grades, the science fair, pizza and snacks for all class picnics, new playground equipment at both HTS and PVS, and technology and security resources for both HTS and PVS.
Additionally, a small portion of your membership dues goes to the New Jersey State PTA organization, which provides support and guidelines to our local Chapter of the Harrison Township PTA.
Thank you for your commitment to the children of our District – we have amazing parents and you are one of them!
To join fill out the form below and pay via PayPal (Note: you do not need a PayPal account)
If you have general questions regarding Membership, please contact Membership@HarrisonPTA.org